Palmer Daily Schedule
Camping is allowed and you can arrive between 6 and 9pm the night before.
You can expect:
- Full bathroom and shower facility
- 14 garages, you can reserve on the Palmer track website or upon arrival
- no running water
- minimal electric outside garages (poles along front straight only)
We will have:
- FOOD - Breakfast,Lunch available and Dinner is usually a pizza buffet (cash only please)
- TONS OF FUN on a GREAT TRACK!
TECH INSPECTION. (The night before day one, we are usually open around 7:30pm for about 1/2 hour)
Otherwise, we're open in the morning at 7am
- Anyone riding both days of a two day event will only have to go through TECH one time, unless you have a "tip over".
- Those riding on DAY TWO only may arrive on DAY ONE to watch, but you will likely tech in the morning.
DAILY SCHEDULE - (Regardless of day)
7:00 AM Arrive at track- unpack bike, gear, etc. (or arrive night before)
7 - 8:15 AM TECH INSPECTION - MAIN GARAGE
8:15 AM RIDERS MEETING
8:30 - 9:00 - Mandatory Classroom for First Time Track Riders
FIRST ROTATION (different than rest of the day)
9:00 - 9:20 BLUE (Advanced) GROUP - Two Guided Laps, then OPEN session
9:20 - 9:40 YELLOW (Intermediate) GROUP - Two Guided Laps, then OPEN session
9:40 - 10:00 RED (Novice) Group - Follow the Leader
START OF REGULAR ROTATIONS
Each Group is ON TRACK the same time each hour.
10:00 - 10:20 BLUE GROUP ON TRACK
10:20 - 10:40 YELLOW GROUP ON TRACK
10:40 - 11:00 RED GROUP ON TRACK
11:00 - 11:20 BLUE GROUP ON TRACK
11:20 - 11:40 YELLOW GROUP ON TRACK
11:40 - 12:00 RED GROUP ON TRACK
12:00 - 1:00 LUNCH
1:00 - 1:20 BLUE GROUP ON TRACK
1:20 - 1:40 YELLOW GROUP ON TRACK
1:40 - 2:00 RED GROUP ON TRACK
2:00 - 2:20 BLUE GROUP ON TRACK
2:20 - 2:40 YELLOW GROUP ON TRACK
2:40 - 3:00 RED GROUP ON TRACK
3:00 - 3:20 BLUE GROUP ON TRACK
3:20 - 3:40 YELLOW GROUP ON TRACK
3:40 - 4:00 RED GROUP ON TRACK
4:00 - 4:20 BLUE GROUP ON TRACK
4:20 - 4:40 YELLOW GROUP ON TRACK
4:40 - 5:00 RED GROUP ON TRACK
At the end of the first day (if a two day event), we usually have a TRACK WALK at 5:30 PM.
Dinner will then be available after the track walk. (cash only)
Then we'll hang out and enjoy a couple of adult beverages (Bring Your Own!!)
Then rest up from day ONE and do it all again on day TWO!
Riders are able to sleep at the track. Quiet Time starts at 10PM
Group Designations. We currently run three groups at Palmer:
NOTE: If you've run with us at a 4 group event, then here's the guideline:
Red and Slower Yellow riders - Sign up for RED.
Fast Yellow and Slower Blue - Sign up for YELLOW
Black and Fast Blue riders - Sign up for BLUE
- Designed for beginner riders, and those not comfortable being in close proximity to other riders.
- If you're still getting the hang of cornering, this is the group for you.
- Designed for intermediate riders.
- You should be comfortable taking corners and ride your bike with confidence.
- You would not consider yourself an aggressive rider.
- You are becoming more comfortable with passing and being passed.
- Designed for experienced riders.
- Riders in this group should be very comfortable taking corners, as well as hard acceleration and braking.
- You are very comfortable with other riders being in close proximity and do not get "spooked" when passed.